Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Disturbed - Asylum

A couple weeks ago (August 27th to be exact), Disturbed released a new album called "Asylum". I heard about the album from a friend of mine who's a big Disturbed fan. I'm somewhat of a Disturbed fan myself, they have a couple of decent albums and some pretty good songs.

I got the CD and started listening to it and all I can say is this is a crappy album, even for Disturbed. There are no songs on it that I can say I truly enjoyed. My friend, the big fan of Disturbed, didn't even like this album that much. Only about half the songs were even decent. Again, I am a fan of Disturbed, and I'm not one of those people who goes out of their way to express their hate for bands like Disturbed. I want to see them be successful and make more good music, but with a record like this, it isn't going to happen. I feel like they're past their prime...

If you have to listen to any of the songs on this album, I'd recommend: "The Infection", "Serpentine", or "Leave It Alone".


Rating: 2/5

9 comments:

  1. not a fan of disturbed myself, but i like the infection

    ReplyDelete
  2. asylum was a good music video.
    except the very end. Think those eyes coulda been shooped more? xD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im going to take a listen to them upload some songs =) cool blog bro keep up the good work ill visit everyday

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty good song, havent heard much from them but will check it out more in the future

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked a few of the songs in the album, but yeah, shitty :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. same chris, could have been better eh =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Felt the same way about Bullet's latest album, Fever. It was 'decent,' and had a couple good singles, but wasn't as solid as some of their older stuff (though I will admit I really liked the direction they're taking their sound).

    Now, what I'm really looking forward to is another Amon Amarth album, viking-inspired metal is just fkn amazing to me.

    ReplyDelete