Sunday, October 24, 2010

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, is the debut album by the Arctic Monkeys, and was released back in early 2006. It's one of the fastest selling debut albums of all time in the UK.

I was introduced to them and this album probably about a year ago. My friend would constantly be playing this album and a Bright Eyes' album, while we were in his car. I quickly took a liking to the Arctic Monkeys. Not only is it great music, but when I listen to it, it also reminds me of some fun days and nights spent with friends.

This is an excellent album in my opinion. These guys are great musicians and they put together a great album. My favorite song on the album is a tie between, "Riot Van", "When the Sun Goes Down", & "From Ritz to Rubble". All three are excellent songs. I would honestly recommend you listen to the whole album if you've never heard them before.

Rating: 5 out of 5

"From The Ritz to The Rubble"


Track Listing

1. The View From The Afternoon
2. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
3. Fake Tales Of San Francisco
4. Dancing Shoes
5. You Probably Couldn't; See For The Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me
6. Still Take You Home
7. Riot Van
8. Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured
9. Mardy Bum
10. Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But...
11. When The Sun Goes Down
12. From The Ritz To The Rubble
13. A Certain Romance

2 comments:

  1. I love The Arctic Monkeys!

    Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong is one of my favorite songs from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. View from the Afternoon is one of my most favorite songs ever!!

    Funny story with the Arctic Monkeys for me is that I heard them about 6 months before they got big (on the internet, bet you look good on the dancefloor). Then my father brought me their cd from the UK when they were just starting to make waves over there and I LOVED it. I sent links to the song to literally everyone I knew...and the reception was LUKEWARM AS HELL. "Meh, it's alright." "Sounds kind of like the strokes but not as good." "The singer is kind of cute but the music is boring." "It's whatever not that good"

    Blah blah blah.

    Then guess what? They hit it big in the U.S.! And THEN THOSE SAME FUCKING PEOPLE START SHITTING THEIR FACES OFF ABOUT HOW GOOD THIS "BAND CALLED THE ARCTIC MONKEYS IS".

    The kicker? Those same people tried to "introduce" me to them, and when I mentioned that I had sent them links to that same band and they didn't like it, well, they conveniently couldn't remember, even when I sent them logs of my emails/IMS.

    Fuck trendy assholes.

    But yeah, I like the Arctic Monkeys. :)

    Think I'll make a blog post about this rant..

    ReplyDelete