Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not, is the debut album by the Arctic Monkeys, and was released back in early 2006. It's one of the fastest selling debut albums of all time in the UK.
I was introduced to them and this album probably about a year ago. My friend would constantly be playing this album and a Bright Eyes' album, while we were in his car. I quickly took a liking to the Arctic Monkeys. Not only is it great music, but when I listen to it, it also reminds me of some fun days and nights spent with friends.
This is an excellent album in my opinion. These guys are great musicians and they put together a great album. My favorite song on the album is a tie between, "Riot Van", "When the Sun Goes Down", & "From Ritz to Rubble". All three are excellent songs. I would honestly recommend you listen to the whole album if you've never heard them before.
Rating: 5 out of 5
"From The Ritz to The Rubble"
1. The View From The Afternoon
2. I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
3. Fake Tales Of San Francisco
4. Dancing Shoes
5. You Probably Couldn't; See For The Lights But You Were Looking Straight At Me
6. Still Take You Home
7. Riot Van
8. Red Light Indicates Doors Are Secured
9. Mardy Bum
10. Perhaps Vampires Is A Bit Strong But...
11. When The Sun Goes Down
12. From The Ritz To The Rubble
13. A Certain Romance