Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Pink Spiders - Teenage Graffiti

I've been listening to this album quite a bit recently so I thought I'd give it a review. It's their third release and their major label debut. It put them out in more into the mainstream and introduced them to a lot of people, including me.

The only single released off the album, "Little Razorblade" was the first song I heard by them. I know I stated this in the blog I wrote about them last week, but this song didn't really give me the best first impression of them. As time passed I started to like it, and I'll admit it's a decent song, but definitely not their best.

Anyways, later on I would actually listen to the whole album and I was pretty impressed. There's some great songs on the album like, "Modern Swinger", "Hollywood Fix", "Easy Way Out", and "Pretend That This Is Fiction". I kinda thought, "Woah, the same guys who made that mediocre pop song made a great rock album?". It's a pretty impressive album, in my opinion.

I give it a 4 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment